Jul 23, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
It was a good time to record our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ with the Nats coming off a big series win against the New York Mets, and with the Pittsburgh Pirates up next. For our guests, we had Mark Zuckerman on to talk about the Mets series and the upcoming trade deadline. We also had Pirates radio host Dan Zangrilli on to preview this weekend’s series in Pittsburgh.
Mark was great on the Nationals’ injuries and how that may affect their plans for the July 31 trade deadline. Zangrilli was excellent on where the Pirates are at this point in the season and how they view this upcoming series against the first-place Nats.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets