Jul 23, 2015, 2:07 PM EST
It was a good time to record our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ with the Nats coming off a big series win against the New York Mets, and with the Pittsburgh Pirates up next. For our guests, we had Mark Zuckerman on to talk about the Mets series and the upcoming trade deadline. We also had Pirates radio host Dan Zangrilli on to preview this weekend’s series in Pittsburgh.
Mark was great on the Nationals’ injuries and how that may affect their plans for the July 31 trade deadline. Zangrilli was excellent on where the Pirates are at this point in the season and how they view this upcoming series against the first-place Nats.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery