Jul 14, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ provided an opportunity to analyze the Nationals at the midway point of the season. They capped off their first half with an impressive series win against the Baltimore Orioles, highlighted by Max Scherzer’s near-complete game on Sunday.
Scherzer pitched Sunday instead of in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game, as you may have heard. That decision was well-received around the Nats’ clubhouse as him putting the team first.
In this first segment, Mark talks about Scherzer’s decision with Joe Orsulak and host Rob Carlin. In the second clip below, they discuss Denard Span’s absence and how much he has proven to mean to the Nationals this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game