Jul 14, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ provided an opportunity to analyze the Nationals at the midway point of the season. They capped off their first half with an impressive series win against the Baltimore Orioles, highlighted by Max Scherzer’s near-complete game on Sunday.
Scherzer pitched Sunday instead of in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game, as you may have heard. That decision was well-received around the Nats’ clubhouse as him putting the team first.
In this first segment, Mark talks about Scherzer’s decision with Joe Orsulak and host Rob Carlin. In the second clip below, they discuss Denard Span’s absence and how much he has proven to mean to the Nationals this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets