Jul 14, 2015, 1:31 PM EST
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ provided an opportunity to analyze the Nationals at the midway point of the season. They capped off their first half with an impressive series win against the Baltimore Orioles, highlighted by Max Scherzer’s near-complete game on Sunday.
Scherzer pitched Sunday instead of in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game, as you may have heard. That decision was well-received around the Nats’ clubhouse as him putting the team first.
In this first segment, Mark talks about Scherzer’s decision with Joe Orsulak and host Rob Carlin. In the second clip below, they discuss Denard Span’s absence and how much he has proven to mean to the Nationals this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option