Jul 14, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ provided an opportunity to analyze the Nationals at the midway point of the season. They capped off their first half with an impressive series win against the Baltimore Orioles, highlighted by Max Scherzer’s near-complete game on Sunday.
Scherzer pitched Sunday instead of in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game, as you may have heard. That decision was well-received around the Nats’ clubhouse as him putting the team first.
In this first segment, Mark talks about Scherzer’s decision with Joe Orsulak and host Rob Carlin. In the second clip below, they discuss Denard Span’s absence and how much he has proven to mean to the Nationals this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.
- All-Star effort once again proves Washington, D.C. is, in fact, a sports city
- The best 2018 MLB All-Star Game red carpet looks
- A quick recap of Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, including how your Nats did
- 2018 MLB All-Star Game Live Blog
- All-Star Game Weather: Storms causing traffic havoc, could force delay, postponement