Jul 14, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ provided an opportunity to analyze the Nationals at the midway point of the season. They capped off their first half with an impressive series win against the Baltimore Orioles, highlighted by Max Scherzer’s near-complete game on Sunday.
Scherzer pitched Sunday instead of in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game, as you may have heard. That decision was well-received around the Nats’ clubhouse as him putting the team first.
In this first segment, Mark talks about Scherzer’s decision with Joe Orsulak and host Rob Carlin. In the second clip below, they discuss Denard Span’s absence and how much he has proven to mean to the Nationals this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine