Jul 9, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
We had another two-guest episode this week on ‘Baseball in the District.’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in Nationals prospect Trea Turner, as well as Orioles Insider Rich Dubroff to preview Nats-O’s.
It was great getting to know Turner, who was recently promoted from Double-A Harrisburg to Triple-A Syracuse. He has an interesting story involving his trade to Washington from the San Diego Padres, and he told us all about it.
Turner also spoke on his transition to the Nationals, comparing minor league baseball to college, rooming with Joe Ross and observing Bryce Harper from afar. Nats fans are really going to like the guy.
Dubroff gave us a good recap on the Orioles at this point of the season with the Beltway Series up next. The Nats travel up to Baltimore this weekend to face the Orioles right before the league breaks for the All-Star Game.
Check it out:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Murphy's big hit helps Nats beat Mets 6-1
- MLB All-Star FanFest: Searching for a jersey from every team
- Nats fall below .500 again with Saturday's loss to Mets
- Davey Martinez meets with Bryce Harper after he jogs to first
- Nationals get first look at starting pitcher Austin Voth
- 2018 Celebrity Softball Game: Full list of participants and details on how to watch
- Tanner Roark becomes first 12-game loser in majors as Nats fall to Mets
- This year's National League All-Star team is serving seriously good dog content. But who are the best boys?
- Nationals to play Mets in Syndergaard's return from DL
- Bryce Harper unveils his custom cleats for Monday's home run derby