Jul 9, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
We had another two-guest episode this week on ‘Baseball in the District.’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in Nationals prospect Trea Turner, as well as Orioles Insider Rich Dubroff to preview Nats-O’s.
It was great getting to know Turner, who was recently promoted from Double-A Harrisburg to Triple-A Syracuse. He has an interesting story involving his trade to Washington from the San Diego Padres, and he told us all about it.
Turner also spoke on his transition to the Nationals, comparing minor league baseball to college, rooming with Joe Ross and observing Bryce Harper from afar. Nats fans are really going to like the guy.
Dubroff gave us a good recap on the Orioles at this point of the season with the Beltway Series up next. The Nats travel up to Baltimore this weekend to face the Orioles right before the league breaks for the All-Star Game.
Check it out:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Houston for the ninth straight time
- Why Nationals' Max Scherzer picked college over pros — at first
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win