Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
The Nationals announced Sunday that right hander Stephen Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
The injury occurred in Saturday’s game against the Giants, after Strasburg induced a ground ball in the fourth inning and was seen grimacing before being taken out of the game by manager Matt Williams and the training staff.
This is Strasburg’s second trip to the DL this season, a troubling development given that he was starting to resemble his old self prior to his latest setback. In his three starts between DL stints, he went 15 2/3 innings pitched while allowing just two runs and striking out 18 batters.
In a corresponding move, the Nats recalled right hander Taylor Jordan from Triple-A Syracuse.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Murphy's big hit helps Nats beat Mets 6-1
- MLB All-Star FanFest: Searching for a jersey from every team
- Nats fall below .500 again with Saturday's loss to Mets
- Davey Martinez meets with Bryce Harper after he jogs to first
- Nationals get first look at starting pitcher Austin Voth
- 2018 Celebrity Softball Game: Full list of participants and details on how to watch
- Tanner Roark becomes first 12-game loser in majors as Nats fall to Mets
- This year's National League All-Star team is serving seriously good dog content. But who are the best boys?
- Nationals to play Mets in Syndergaard's return from DL
- Bryce Harper unveils his custom cleats for Monday's home run derby