Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
The Nationals announced Sunday that right hander Stephen Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
The injury occurred in Saturday’s game against the Giants, after Strasburg induced a ground ball in the fourth inning and was seen grimacing before being taken out of the game by manager Matt Williams and the training staff.
This is Strasburg’s second trip to the DL this season, a troubling development given that he was starting to resemble his old self prior to his latest setback. In his three starts between DL stints, he went 15 2/3 innings pitched while allowing just two runs and striking out 18 batters.
In a corresponding move, the Nats recalled right hander Taylor Jordan from Triple-A Syracuse.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery
- Bryce Harper thanks Nationals fans for support during 2017 season
- 20 things D.C. sports fans should be really happy about, playoff success or not
- Nationals Game 5 meltdown yet another reminder why D.C. can't have nice things
- With contractual decisions looming, Nats missed chance at stress-free World Series run
- Nationals suffer postseason heartbreak yet again in lengthy, controversial Game 5 loss
- NLDS 2017: Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5 Live Blog
- Nationals place faith in Gio Gonzalez, name him Game 5 starter vs. Cubs
- D.C. Metro extends hours for Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5