Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
The Nationals announced Sunday that right hander Stephen Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
The injury occurred in Saturday’s game against the Giants, after Strasburg induced a ground ball in the fourth inning and was seen grimacing before being taken out of the game by manager Matt Williams and the training staff.
This is Strasburg’s second trip to the DL this season, a troubling development given that he was starting to resemble his old self prior to his latest setback. In his three starts between DL stints, he went 15 2/3 innings pitched while allowing just two runs and striking out 18 batters.
In a corresponding move, the Nats recalled right hander Taylor Jordan from Triple-A Syracuse.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game
- Bryce Harper goes "Miami Vice" at the All-star game red carpet