Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 PM EST
The Nationals announced Sunday that right hander Stephen Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
The injury occurred in Saturday’s game against the Giants, after Strasburg induced a ground ball in the fourth inning and was seen grimacing before being taken out of the game by manager Matt Williams and the training staff.
This is Strasburg’s second trip to the DL this season, a troubling development given that he was starting to resemble his old self prior to his latest setback. In his three starts between DL stints, he went 15 2/3 innings pitched while allowing just two runs and striking out 18 batters.
In a corresponding move, the Nats recalled right hander Taylor Jordan from Triple-A Syracuse.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine
- 2018 Spring Training report dates
- 2018 MLB Power Rankings
- Nationals release 2018 Spring Training TV schedule
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years