Jul 5, 2015, 3:17 PM EST
The Nationals announced Sunday that right hander Stephen Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
The injury occurred in Saturday’s game against the Giants, after Strasburg induced a ground ball in the fourth inning and was seen grimacing before being taken out of the game by manager Matt Williams and the training staff.
This is Strasburg’s second trip to the DL this season, a troubling development given that he was starting to resemble his old self prior to his latest setback. In his three starts between DL stints, he went 15 2/3 innings pitched while allowing just two runs and striking out 18 batters.
In a corresponding move, the Nats recalled right hander Taylor Jordan from Triple-A Syracuse.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?