Jul 5, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
The bad news: Stephen Strasburg is back on the DL, this time with a left oblique strain. With the Nationals not needing a fifth starter until after the All-Star break, Taylor Jordan has been recalled from Class AAA Syracuse to serve as a long man in the bullpen for the time being. The good news: The Nats have won 11 of their last 14, have opened up a season-high 4 1/2-game lead in the NL East and have a chance tonight to sweep the Giants on Sunday Night Baseball.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the ball tonight, riding a streak of 16 2/3 consecutive scoreless innings. Veteran Ryan Vogelsong starts for San Francisco.
I’m back from the family wedding and will be at the CSN studios tonight for The Baseball Show at 10:30 p.m. Rich Dubroff has full coverage from the ballpark on CSNwashington.com one last time. Enjoy the game!
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 8:08 p.m. EDT
TV: ESPN, MLB.tv
Radio: 92.7 FM, 94.3 FM, 106.7 FM, 980 AM, 1500 AM, XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 5 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Clint Robinson
C Wilson Ramos
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
CF Angel Pagan
2B Joe Panik
LF Brandon Belt
1B Buster Posey
SS Brandon Crawford
RF Gregor Blanco
C Andrew Susac
3B Ehire Adrianza
RHP Ryan Vogelsong
HP Phil Cuzzi
1B Gerry Davis
2B John Hirschbeck
3B Will Little
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets