Jul 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
What better way to celebrate Independence Day than with a ballgame in the nation’s capital against the defending World Series champions? It’s tough to top that. The Nationals and Giants continue their series today, and continuing with recent July 4th tradition, the game will begin at 11:05 a.m. (weather permitting, of course).
Stephen Strasburg is on the mound for this one, looking to keep up his impressive turnaround since coming off the DL. He’ll need to be in fine form, because Madison Bumgarner gets the ball for San Francisco.
I’m attending a family wedding today, and Chase is on vacation. But Rich Dubroff was up bright and early this morning and will have full coverage from Nationals Park on CSNwashington.com. Enjoy the game and enjoy your Fourth of July!
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 11:05 a.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. market), MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 74 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from CF
CF Michael Taylor
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Clint Robinson
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
LF Tyler Moore
RHP Stephen Strasburg
CF Gregor Blanco
2B Joe Panik
3B Matt Duffy
C Buster Posey
1B Brandon Belt
SS Brandon Crawford
LF Ryan Lollis
RF Justin Maxwell
LHP Madison Bumgarner
HP Will Little
1B Phil Cuzzi
2B Gerry Davis
3B John Hirschbeck
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Houston for the ninth straight time
- Why Nationals' Max Scherzer picked college over pros — at first
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win