Jun 30, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
After a wild weekend of baseball in Philadelphia, the Nationals now head to Atlanta to wrap up their road trip with a 3-game series against the Braves. Hey, remember the whole “The Nats can’t beat the Braves ’cause they’re in their heads” thing? Yeah, that doesn’t exist anymore. The Nationals have won eight straight against Atlanta, a streak that began with the record-setting comeback at Turner Field on April 28.
Jordan Zimmermann and Shelby Miller meet tonight in a rematch of their fantastic pitchers’ duel from last week. That was the game when Zimmermann went eight scoreless innings, the Nats scratched out one run off Miller but were forced to win in extra innings after Drew Storen blew only his second save of the season.
All three of the Nationals’ banged-up regulars (Bryce Harper, Denard Span, Yunel Escobar) are back in the lineup for tonight’s series opener, which can only be considered a good thing. I’m unfortunately not in Atlanta for this series, but please keep up the conversation as always here, and be sure to check back in the morning for remote analysis of the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field, Atlanta
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 185/869
Weather: Chance of rain, 77 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
2B Jace Peterson
CF Cameron Maybin
RF Nick Markakis
C A.J. Pierzynski
3B Juan Uribe
LF Kelly Johnson
1B Joey Terdoslavich
SS Andrelton Simmons
RHP Shelby Miller
HP Gabe Morales
1B C.B. Bucknor (cc)
2B Dan Iassogna
3B Lance Barrett
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game