Jun 29, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
The Nationals are off Monday after splitting their doubleheader with the Philadelphia Phillies. Their loss in the second game snapped an eight-game winning streak, their longest of the season.
It was an impressive run keyed by one of the best weeks by a starting rotation in recent baseball history. On Sunday night’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ Mark talked about the Nats’ latest pitching prowess with Joe Orsulak and Sebastian Salazar.
The second clip below takes a closer look at Stephen Strasburg, who has been very good since coming off the disabled list.
An amazing week for Nationals’ starting rotation
Strasburg looking good since his return from the DL
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper gets ejected before Nationals offense explodes in win over Brewers
- Logo for 2018 MLB All Star Game in D.C. revealed
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics