Jun 29, 2015, 6:00 AM EST
The Nationals are off Monday after splitting their doubleheader with the Philadelphia Phillies. Their loss in the second game snapped an eight-game winning streak, their longest of the season.
It was an impressive run keyed by one of the best weeks by a starting rotation in recent baseball history. On Sunday night’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ Mark talked about the Nats’ latest pitching prowess with Joe Orsulak and Sebastian Salazar.
The second clip below takes a closer look at Stephen Strasburg, who has been very good since coming off the disabled list.
An amazing week for Nationals’ starting rotation
Strasburg looking good since his return from the DL
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists