Jun 21, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
The Nationals announced Sunday morning that the right-handed pitcher Tanner Roark has been reinstated from the paternity list. In a subsequent move, the club optioned right-handed pitcher Taylor Hill to Triple-A Syracuse.
Roark, 28, returns to the Nats two days after being placed on leave. On the year, he’s 3-2 in 18 appearances (including five starts) with a 3.38 ERA.
Hill, who has toggled between the minors and the big leagues this season, will return to Syracuse where he is 3-2 with a 4.35 ERA in nine starts for the Chiefs.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery