Jun 21, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
The Nationals announced Sunday morning that the right-handed pitcher Tanner Roark has been reinstated from the paternity list. In a subsequent move, the club optioned right-handed pitcher Taylor Hill to Triple-A Syracuse.
Roark, 28, returns to the Nats two days after being placed on leave. On the year, he’s 3-2 in 18 appearances (including five starts) with a 3.38 ERA.
Hill, who has toggled between the minors and the big leagues this season, will return to Syracuse where he is 3-2 with a 4.35 ERA in nine starts for the Chiefs.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper gets ejected before Nationals offense explodes in win over Brewers
- Logo for 2018 MLB All Star Game in D.C. revealed
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics