Jun 21, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
The Nationals announced Sunday morning that the right-handed pitcher Tanner Roark has been reinstated from the paternity list. In a subsequent move, the club optioned right-handed pitcher Taylor Hill to Triple-A Syracuse.
Roark, 28, returns to the Nats two days after being placed on leave. On the year, he’s 3-2 in 18 appearances (including five starts) with a 3.38 ERA.
Hill, who has toggled between the minors and the big leagues this season, will return to Syracuse where he is 3-2 with a 4.35 ERA in nine starts for the Chiefs.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cal Ripken Jr. finds nothing wrong with Bryce Harper's swing
- How to effectively spend money at the Fan Shop at the MLB All-Star FanFest
- Bryce Harper's 2018 Home Run Derby win by the numbers
- With All-Star Game in Washington, Bryce Harper looks back on baseball life, ahead to uncertain future
- 2018 MLB Power Rankings: All-Star update
- 2018 MLB Home Run Derby Live Blog
- We sent two interns to test their pitch speed against Max Scherzer’s average velocity
- ESPN's Tim Kurkjian breaks down the Nats' underwhelming first half
- MLB Red Carpet Show: No parade, but still an opportunity to see players' fashion sense
- 2018 MLB Home Run Derby: Bracket, time, odds and how to watch