Jun 21, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
The Nationals announced Sunday morning that the right-handed pitcher Tanner Roark has been reinstated from the paternity list. In a subsequent move, the club optioned right-handed pitcher Taylor Hill to Triple-A Syracuse.
Roark, 28, returns to the Nats two days after being placed on leave. On the year, he’s 3-2 in 18 appearances (including five starts) with a 3.38 ERA.
Hill, who has toggled between the minors and the big leagues this season, will return to Syracuse where he is 3-2 with a 4.35 ERA in nine starts for the Chiefs.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper, Jayson Werth awesomely lead Nats' 'Game of Thrones' dress-up
- Bryce Harper reportedly will come off the disabled list tomorrow
- Nationals, without their big guns, fall to Mets
- Cubs, Brewers, or Cardinals: potential postseason opponents for the Washington Nationals
- Nationals baffled by Dickey's knuckleball in Braves' 3-2 win
- Ryan Zimmerman sets career high in homers vs. Braves
- Updated MLB Postseason 2017 Bracket Projection
- Nationals vs. Braves Preview: Gonzalez looks to rebound
- When will Bryce Harper return to the Nationals' lineup?
- Max Scherzer bounces back from last week's rough start against Atlanta