Jun 19, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
With his wife, Amanda, expecting their second child any day now, Nationals pitcher Tanner Roark was placed on the paternity list Friday afternoon so he can be with her at a Washington-area hospital.
Roark, 28, can take up to three days off as part of MLB’s policy on paternity leave. The Nats called up right-hander Taylor Hill to take his place in the meantime.
“I heard from him today,” manager Matt Williams said. “He and his wife are at the hospital. Hopefully everything goes well and we’ll see what his status is. We’ll be able to know more as we get more details.”
Roark is 3-2 with a 3.38 ERA through 18 appearances this season, five of them starts. Hill, 26, rejoins the team after getting optioned to Triple-A Syracuse on Thursday. He has a 3.75 ERA through six appearances in 2015.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine
- 2018 Spring Training report dates