Jun 17, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
There was plenty to talk about on this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ so Tim Murray and I brought in Mark Zuckerman right off the top to break down the Nats’ record-setting game in Tampa Bay Tuesday night.
Mark also talked about Trea Turner, what happens when Stephen Strasburg and Doug Fister return, and whether the team should make a move to boost their bullpen.
After Mark hung up, Tim and I discussed Ian Desmond’s struggles, the short-term future of Turner and the bizarre hacking scandal going on between the St. Louis Cardinals and Houston Astros.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets