Jun 16, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
On the latest episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ there was lots of talk about Max Scherzer after his brilliant start on Sunday and some about Ryan Zimmerman’s recent landing on the disabled list.
In this first segment, Mark looks back at the contract Scherzer signed this offseason and evaluates the deal through 13 starts. In the second clip, Mark puts Scherzer’s performance on Sunday into perspective. And in the third, Mark talks about Zimmerman’s struggles this season.
Is the Scherzer contract already paying off?
Analyzing Ryan Zimmerman’s struggles:
Putting Scherzer’s Sunday start into perspective:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine