Jun 16, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
On the latest episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ there was lots of talk about Max Scherzer after his brilliant start on Sunday and some about Ryan Zimmerman’s recent landing on the disabled list.
In this first segment, Mark looks back at the contract Scherzer signed this offseason and evaluates the deal through 13 starts. In the second clip, Mark puts Scherzer’s performance on Sunday into perspective. And in the third, Mark talks about Zimmerman’s struggles this season.
Is the Scherzer contract already paying off?
Analyzing Ryan Zimmerman’s struggles:
Putting Scherzer’s Sunday start into perspective:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets