Jun 16, 2015, 12:06 PM EST
On the latest episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ there was lots of talk about Max Scherzer after his brilliant start on Sunday and some about Ryan Zimmerman’s recent landing on the disabled list.
In this first segment, Mark looks back at the contract Scherzer signed this offseason and evaluates the deal through 13 starts. In the second clip, Mark puts Scherzer’s performance on Sunday into perspective. And in the third, Mark talks about Zimmerman’s struggles this season.
Is the Scherzer contract already paying off?
Analyzing Ryan Zimmerman’s struggles:
Putting Scherzer’s Sunday start into perspective:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?