Jun 16, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
On the latest episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ there was lots of talk about Max Scherzer after his brilliant start on Sunday and some about Ryan Zimmerman’s recent landing on the disabled list.
In this first segment, Mark looks back at the contract Scherzer signed this offseason and evaluates the deal through 13 starts. In the second clip, Mark puts Scherzer’s performance on Sunday into perspective. And in the third, Mark talks about Zimmerman’s struggles this season.
Is the Scherzer contract already paying off?
Analyzing Ryan Zimmerman’s struggles:
Putting Scherzer’s Sunday start into perspective:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game