Jun 16, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
On the latest episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ there was lots of talk about Max Scherzer after his brilliant start on Sunday and some about Ryan Zimmerman’s recent landing on the disabled list.
In this first segment, Mark looks back at the contract Scherzer signed this offseason and evaluates the deal through 13 starts. In the second clip, Mark puts Scherzer’s performance on Sunday into perspective. And in the third, Mark talks about Zimmerman’s struggles this season.
Is the Scherzer contract already paying off?
Analyzing Ryan Zimmerman’s struggles:
Putting Scherzer’s Sunday start into perspective:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals, without their big guns, fall to Mets
- Cubs, Brewers, or Cardinals: potential postseason opponents for the Washington Nationals
- Nationals baffled by Dickey's knuckleball in Braves' 3-2 win
- Ryan Zimmerman sets career high in homers vs. Braves
- Updated MLB Postseason 2017 Bracket Projection
- Nationals vs. Braves Preview: Gonzalez looks to rebound
- When will Bryce Harper return to the Nationals' lineup?
- Max Scherzer bounces back from last week's rough start against Atlanta
- Nationals vs. Braves Preview: Scherzer seeks redemption
- MLB Postseason 2017 Bracket Projection