Jun 16, 2015, 4:01 PM EST
With one more game to be played in an AL park on this road trip, the Nationals have one last opportunity to utilize the DH and take advantage of the domino effects of an extra bat in the lineup. Last night, that meant giving Bryce Harper and his sore knee a chance to play without playing the field. Tonight, that means prioritizing defense: Harper is back in right field, and with Yunel Escobar serving as DH, Anthony Rendon can play third base while Danny Espinosa moves back to second base.
Tanner Roark is on the mound for what could be his final start before heading back to the Nationals’ bullpen, what with Doug Fister on track to return Thursday and Stephen Strasburg making what might be his lone rehab start for Class AA Harrisburg on Wednesday. Roark has been a bit shaky his last two times out, victimized in particular by the long ball (he has given up four homers in his last 12 1/3 innings).
Enjoy the game and the conversation here, be sure to check back in the morning for remote analysis and take solace in knowing we’ll be back up and running with full game coverage tomorrow when the Nats return home…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at TAMPA BAY RAYS
Where: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 178/869
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
DH Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Clint Robinson
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Michael Taylor
SS Ian Desmond
(RHP Tanner Roark)
CF Kevin Kiermaier
DH Joey Butler
3B Evan Longoria
LF David DeJesus
2B Logan Forsythe
RF Steven Souza Jr.
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
1B Jake Elmore
C Rene Rivera
(RHP Alex Colome)
HP Manny Gonzalez
1B Paul Schrieber
2B Fieldin Culbreth
3B Jim Reynolds
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery