Jun 16, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
With one more game to be played in an AL park on this road trip, the Nationals have one last opportunity to utilize the DH and take advantage of the domino effects of an extra bat in the lineup. Last night, that meant giving Bryce Harper and his sore knee a chance to play without playing the field. Tonight, that means prioritizing defense: Harper is back in right field, and with Yunel Escobar serving as DH, Anthony Rendon can play third base while Danny Espinosa moves back to second base.
Tanner Roark is on the mound for what could be his final start before heading back to the Nationals’ bullpen, what with Doug Fister on track to return Thursday and Stephen Strasburg making what might be his lone rehab start for Class AA Harrisburg on Wednesday. Roark has been a bit shaky his last two times out, victimized in particular by the long ball (he has given up four homers in his last 12 1/3 innings).
Enjoy the game and the conversation here, be sure to check back in the morning for remote analysis and take solace in knowing we’ll be back up and running with full game coverage tomorrow when the Nats return home…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at TAMPA BAY RAYS
Where: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 178/869
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
DH Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Clint Robinson
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Michael Taylor
SS Ian Desmond
(RHP Tanner Roark)
CF Kevin Kiermaier
DH Joey Butler
3B Evan Longoria
LF David DeJesus
2B Logan Forsythe
RF Steven Souza Jr.
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
1B Jake Elmore
C Rene Rivera
(RHP Alex Colome)
HP Manny Gonzalez
1B Paul Schrieber
2B Fieldin Culbreth
3B Jim Reynolds
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets