Jun 14, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
After a convincing win helped by a strong start by rookie Joe Ross, the Nationals will look to secure a series split on Sunday against the Brewers in Milwaukee.
They will have to do it, however, without Bryce Harper. Harper is out of the lineup after getting hit in the left knee with a pitch in Saturday’s win. Danny Espinosa is back at first base. And Yunel Escobar is batting cleanup.
Max Scherzer (6-5, 2.13) will start for the Nats in his 13th appearance of the 2015 season. He has allowed four earned runs in each of his last two outings.
Starting for Milwaukee will be 6-foot-6 right-hander Taylor Jungmann (1-0, 1.29). Jungmann is making just his second career start after debuting on June 9 against the Pirates. That day he went seven innings and allowed just one run on three hits and a walk.
We are not in Milwaukee for this one, but please check back in the morning for remote analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park, Milwaukee
Gametime: 2:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186/869
CF Denard Span
1B Danny Espinosa
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Max Scherzer
CF Carlos Gomez
LF Gerardo Parra
RF Ryan Braun
1B Adam Lind
SS Jean Segura
2B Scooter Gennett
3B Hector Gomez
C Martin Maldonado
RHP Taylor Jungmann
HP Todd Tichenor
1B Tim Welke (cc)
2B Mike Everitt
3B Tim Timmons
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper gets ejected before Nationals offense explodes in win over Brewers
- Logo for 2018 MLB All Star Game in D.C. revealed
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics