Jun 12, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Things did not go well last night for the Nationals, who blew an early 5-1 lead to the Brewers, with Tanner Roark fading as his start progressed, the bullpen giving up the go-ahead run and Aaron Barrett suffering what we now know was a biceps strain (he has been placed on the DL). But tonight is a new night, and the Nats have Wisconsin native Jordan Zimmermann on the mound in front of what we can only assume will be a whole lot of friends and family members.
Zimmermann has pitched very well at Miller Park in his career; he’s 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA in three starts (one each of the last three seasons). And the Nationals could certainly use a dominant start tonight, what with the bullpen still in a state of flux (newly acquired right-hander David Carpenter joins the club tonight, taking Barrett’s roster spot).
Ian Desmond, meanwhile, is back in the lineup after his first day off of the season last night (though it wasn’t really a day off, because Desmond pinch-hit in the ninth and singled to left). Danny Espinosa, after an 0-for-4 night, is out of the lineup. Clint Robinson remains the first baseman in Ryan Zimmerman’s stead, with Michael Taylor starting in left field against Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers.
As you know, I’m not in Milwaukee this weekend, but I’ll have remote analysis up first thing in the morning. Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park, Milwaukee
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 187/869
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
C Jonathan Lucroy
CF Gerardo Parra
RF Ryan Braun
1B Adam Lind
3B Aramis Ramirez
LF Shane Peterson
SS Jean Segura
2B Scooter Gennett
RHP Mike Fiers
HP Mike Everitt
1B Tim Timmons
2B Todd Tichenor
3B Tim Welke (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Houston for the ninth straight time
- Why Nationals' Max Scherzer picked college over pros — at first
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win