Jun 11, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
It’s been a busy day already for the Nationals, who this morning traded for reliever David Carpenter and this afternoon placed Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-day DL with plantar fasciitis, an unfortunate move that felt more and more likely as the week played out. Combine that with Ian Desmond getting his first day off this season, plus the fact Jayson Werth already is on the DL, and Matt Williams has a very different-looking lineup tonight in Milwaukee.
It’ll be Clint Robinson at first base in Zimmerman’s place. Michael Taylor gets the start in left field. And Danny Espinosa, who we surmised earlier this morning might be on the verge of his first career start in the outfield, winds up at shortstop tonight with Desmond out. All told, only three players in tonight’s lineup (including the pitcher) are guys in the Nats’ projected Opening Day lineup and in the position they were expected to play all along: Denard Span in center, Bryce Harper in right, Wilson Ramos behind the plate.
Tanner Roark, himself a fill-in starter, takes the mound at Miller Park, looking to keep up his strong performance to date. Veteran right-hander Matt Garza starts for the Brewers.
I’m not in Milwaukee for this weekend’s series, but please keep up the conversation here as always, and be sure to check back in the morning for some remote analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park, Milwaukee
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
Weather: Chance of rain, 60 degrees, Wind 13 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
SS Danny Espinosa
1B Clint Robinson
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Tanner Roark
C Jonathan Lucroy
CF Gerardo Parra
RF Ryan Braun
1B Adam Lind
3B Aramis Ramirez
LF Shane Peterson
SS Jean Segura
2B Scooter Gennett
RHP Matt Garza
HP Tim Welke (cc)
1B Mike Everitt
2B Tim Timmons
3B Todd Tichenor
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine