Jun 11, 2015, 4:54 PM EST
It’s been a busy day already for the Nationals, who this morning traded for reliever David Carpenter and this afternoon placed Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-day DL with plantar fasciitis, an unfortunate move that felt more and more likely as the week played out. Combine that with Ian Desmond getting his first day off this season, plus the fact Jayson Werth already is on the DL, and Matt Williams has a very different-looking lineup tonight in Milwaukee.
It’ll be Clint Robinson at first base in Zimmerman’s place. Michael Taylor gets the start in left field. And Danny Espinosa, who we surmised earlier this morning might be on the verge of his first career start in the outfield, winds up at shortstop tonight with Desmond out. All told, only three players in tonight’s lineup (including the pitcher) are guys in the Nats’ projected Opening Day lineup and in the position they were expected to play all along: Denard Span in center, Bryce Harper in right, Wilson Ramos behind the plate.
Tanner Roark, himself a fill-in starter, takes the mound at Miller Park, looking to keep up his strong performance to date. Veteran right-hander Matt Garza starts for the Brewers.
I’m not in Milwaukee for this weekend’s series, but please keep up the conversation here as always, and be sure to check back in the morning for some remote analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park, Milwaukee
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
Weather: Chance of rain, 60 degrees, Wind 13 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
SS Danny Espinosa
1B Clint Robinson
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Tanner Roark
C Jonathan Lucroy
CF Gerardo Parra
RF Ryan Braun
1B Adam Lind
3B Aramis Ramirez
LF Shane Peterson
SS Jean Segura
2B Scooter Gennett
RHP Matt Garza
HP Tim Welke (cc)
1B Mike Everitt
2B Tim Timmons
3B Todd Tichenor
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option