Jun 11, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in a very special guest in Nationals’ second round pick Andrew Stevenson, a center fielder from LSU.
Stevenson is in Omaha with the Tigers getting ready to compete in the College World Series this weekend. It was great getting to know the speedy outifelder, who could someday be a big piece of the Nats’ lineup.
Before bringing on Stevenson, Tim and I broke down the trade for David Carpenter and the possibility of Danny Espinosa starting in left field.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets