Jun 8, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
Today, June 8, is the five-year anniversary of Stephen Strasburg’s historic major league debut. The former No. 1 overall pick dazzled with 14 strikeouts against the Pittsburgh Pirates to provide one of the best moments so far in Nationals history.
But Sunday was an important anniversary as well, as it marked five years since Bryce Harper was drafted by the Nationals. Harper has since turned into a two-time All-Star and MVP candidate in the National League.
On this week’s episode of The Baseball Show, Mark looked back on Harper’s career with the Nats so far with Joe Orsulak and guest host Sebastian Salazar.
In this second clip, they talk about the best moments for Harper so far in his career:
This third clip is my segment where I talk about Harper’s fan selfie and the unusual travel arrangement for Maryland and Virginia in between series in the NCAA Tournament:
And finally, here are the guys debating which Triple Crown is harder, in baseball or horse racing:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals, without their big guns, fall to Mets
- Cubs, Brewers, or Cardinals: potential postseason opponents for the Washington Nationals
- Nationals baffled by Dickey's knuckleball in Braves' 3-2 win
- Ryan Zimmerman sets career high in homers vs. Braves
- Updated MLB Postseason 2017 Bracket Projection
- Nationals vs. Braves Preview: Gonzalez looks to rebound
- When will Bryce Harper return to the Nationals' lineup?
- Max Scherzer bounces back from last week's rough start against Atlanta
- Nationals vs. Braves Preview: Scherzer seeks redemption
- MLB Postseason 2017 Bracket Projection