Jun 3, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
On the latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I looked ahead to this weekend’s Nats-Cubs series with CSN Chicago Insider Patrick Mooney. We also talked to Matt Swope, Director of Baseball Operations for the Maryland Terrapins.
Mooney was great on Kris Bryant and the upstart Chicago Cubs. He also had an interesting perspective on Bryce Harper, having seen him both up close and from afar over the last four seasons.
Swope was excellent on the Terps and their impressive NCAA Tournament run. Maryland topped the No. 1 overall seed UCLA Bruins this week and now have a showdown in the Super Regional round with the University of Virginia.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I looked at Jordan Zimmermann’s recent surge and the Nationals’ bullpen concerns.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cubs catcher Miguel Montero to be designated for assignment after angry comments about Nats game
- Trea Turner ties franchise record of stolen bases in single game with Nats 6-1 win over Cubs
- Nationals stage spirited rally in ninth but fall just short in series opener vs. Cubs
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: The Dodgers don't lose anymore
- Ten very good Pups in the Park who don't care that the Nats lost
- Nationals can't overcome Tanner Roark's first inning, lose to Reds
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins