Jun 3, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
On the latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I looked ahead to this weekend’s Nats-Cubs series with CSN Chicago Insider Patrick Mooney. We also talked to Matt Swope, Director of Baseball Operations for the Maryland Terrapins.
Mooney was great on Kris Bryant and the upstart Chicago Cubs. He also had an interesting perspective on Bryce Harper, having seen him both up close and from afar over the last four seasons.
Swope was excellent on the Terps and their impressive NCAA Tournament run. Maryland topped the No. 1 overall seed UCLA Bruins this week and now have a showdown in the Super Regional round with the University of Virginia.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I looked at Jordan Zimmermann’s recent surge and the Nationals’ bullpen concerns.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine