Jun 3, 2015, 4:29 PM EST
On the latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I looked ahead to this weekend’s Nats-Cubs series with CSN Chicago Insider Patrick Mooney. We also talked to Matt Swope, Director of Baseball Operations for the Maryland Terrapins.
Mooney was great on Kris Bryant and the upstart Chicago Cubs. He also had an interesting perspective on Bryce Harper, having seen him both up close and from afar over the last four seasons.
Swope was excellent on the Terps and their impressive NCAA Tournament run. Maryland topped the No. 1 overall seed UCLA Bruins this week and now have a showdown in the Super Regional round with the University of Virginia.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I looked at Jordan Zimmermann’s recent surge and the Nationals’ bullpen concerns.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists