Jun 2, 2015, 11:01 PM EST
Right-hander Taylor Jordan will get the start for the Nationals in their series finale against the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday. Manager Matt Williams made the announcement after Tuesday’s doubleheader split.
Jordan, 26, made his first appearance of the 2015 season on May 29 against the Cincinnati Reds. He gave up three earned runs in 4 2/3 innings of relief after taking over for starter Stephen Strasburg, who was pulled due to injury.
Strasburg is out with a strained left trapezius, which could give Jordan an opportunity for several starts. The Nationals are already without Doug Fister, who remains sidelined with a strained right flexor muscle.
Jordan debuted in 2013 and has 15 career MLB appearances to his name. His game against the Reds was his first time pitching out of the bullpen.
Jordan has a 4.39 ERA with 47 strikeouts in 82 career innings pitched.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists