Jun 1, 2015, 3:21 PM EST
The Nationals return home on Monday looking to get past an ugly weekend sweep at the Cincinnati Reds. Up next for them is a seven-game homestand, beginning with three against the Toronto Blue Jays.
Jordan Zimmermann (4-2, 3.26) will make his 11th start of the season and just his second ever appearance against the Blue Jays. Zimmermann saw Toronto back in 2009 as a rookie and gave up one run in 5 2/3 innings in a then-rare Nats win.
Starting for Toronto is former Cy Young-winner R.A. Dickey (2-5, 5.77). A former Mets pitcher, Dickey has seen the Nationals plenty over the years. He has a 3.73 ERA in 15 games against the Nats.
We’ll have you covered tonight from Nats Park, if they can get the game in, that is. The weather forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms all evening and through the night into Tuesday morning…
TORONTO BLUE JAYS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183
Weather: Chance of thunderstorms, 78 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
3B Yunel Escobar
SS Ian Desmond
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
LF Tyler Moore
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
BLUE JAYS (23-29)
SS Jose Reyes
3B Josh Donaldson
RF Jose Bautista
1B Justin Smoak
LF Chris Colabello
C Josh Thole
CF Ezequiel Carrera
2B Ryan Goins
RHP R.A. Dickey
HP Toby Basner
1B Brian Knight
2B Vic Carapazza
3B Larry Vanover (cc)
6:20 p.m. — The start of this game is officially delayed by rain. No word on a possible start time (or if it will start at all) but the forecast isn’t particularly good.
7:14 p.m. — Tonight’s game has been postponed. It’ll be a day-night doubleheader tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. and 7:05 p.m. Tickets for tonight’s game are good for the 1:05 opener.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option