May 31, 2015, 11:21 AM EDT
With two straight losses highlighted by injuries and plenty of drama, the Nationals’ series at Cincinnati hasn’t exactly gone as planned this weekend. But on Sunday they have a chance to avoid the sweep and end their road trip on a high note before returning home for a seven-game homestand.
Tanner Roark (1-2, 2.49) will make his second start of the season as he continues to fill in for the injured Doug Fister. Roark was solid in his last start with one earned run on three hits and a walk in five innings against the Cubs.
Pitching for Cincinnati is 23-year-old rookie Michael Lorenzen (1-1, 3.12). Lorenzen is making just his seventh career appearance and his fifth start. He was excellent his last time out with seven innings of one-run ball in a win against the Colorado Rockies.
We are not on the road for this one, but check back for analysis in the morning…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 184
Weather: Cloudy, 73 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Tanner Roark
2B Brandon Phillips
1B Joey Votto
3B Todd Frazier
RF Jay Bruce
SS Zack Cozart
LF Skip Schumaker
C Tucker Barnhart
RHP Michael Lorenzen
CF Billy Hamilton
HP Paul Emmel
1B Jordan Baker
2B Jerry Meals (cc)
3B Andy Fletcher
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins