May 31, 2015, 11:21 AM EDT
With two straight losses highlighted by injuries and plenty of drama, the Nationals’ series at Cincinnati hasn’t exactly gone as planned this weekend. But on Sunday they have a chance to avoid the sweep and end their road trip on a high note before returning home for a seven-game homestand.
Tanner Roark (1-2, 2.49) will make his second start of the season as he continues to fill in for the injured Doug Fister. Roark was solid in his last start with one earned run on three hits and a walk in five innings against the Cubs.
Pitching for Cincinnati is 23-year-old rookie Michael Lorenzen (1-1, 3.12). Lorenzen is making just his seventh career appearance and his fifth start. He was excellent his last time out with seven innings of one-run ball in a win against the Colorado Rockies.
We are not on the road for this one, but check back for analysis in the morning…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 184
Weather: Cloudy, 73 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Tanner Roark
2B Brandon Phillips
1B Joey Votto
3B Todd Frazier
RF Jay Bruce
SS Zack Cozart
LF Skip Schumaker
C Tucker Barnhart
RHP Michael Lorenzen
CF Billy Hamilton
HP Paul Emmel
1B Jordan Baker
2B Jerry Meals (cc)
3B Andy Fletcher
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cal Ripken Jr. finds nothing wrong with Bryce Harper's swing
- How to effectively spend money at the Fan Shop at the MLB All-Star FanFest
- Bryce Harper's 2018 Home Run Derby win by the numbers
- With All-Star Game in Washington, Bryce Harper looks back on baseball life, ahead to uncertain future
- 2018 MLB Power Rankings: All-Star update
- 2018 MLB Home Run Derby Live Blog
- We sent two interns to test their pitch speed against Max Scherzer’s average velocity
- ESPN's Tim Kurkjian breaks down the Nats' underwhelming first half
- MLB Red Carpet Show: No parade, but still an opportunity to see players' fashion sense
- 2018 MLB Home Run Derby: Bracket, time, odds and how to watch