May 30, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
On the heels of Stephen Strasburg’s abbreviated, 1-inning start last night, the Nationals sure could use a quality outing today from Gio Gonzalez. As always, Gonzalez’s ability to get quick outs and not raise his pitch count too early is key.
The Nationals will be facing Reds rookie right-hander Raisel Iglesias, making only his fourth career start, having lasted only three innings himself in his last outing against the Indians. Matt Williams made two changes from last night: Jose Lobaton is catching and Clint Robinson gets the start in left field, continuing the theme established since Jayson Werth fractured his wrist of a revolving door of replacements, based on matchups.
UPDATE AT 2:50 P.M. — Bryce Harper has been scratched from the Nats’ lineup with a sore back, according to the club. He was hit by a pitch there last night. So Robinson slides over to right field, with Michael Taylor taking over in left.
Enjoy the game and the conversation as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 185/869
Weather: Chance of rain, 82 degrees, Wind 10 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF RF Clint Robinson
C Jose Lobaton
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Michael Taylor
LHP Gio Gonzalez
2B Brandon Phillips
1B Joey Votto
3B Todd Frazier
RF Jay Bruce
C Brayan Peña
LF Marlon Byrd
SS Zack Cozart
RHP Raisel Iglesias
CF Billy Hamilton
HP Andy Fletcher
1B Paul Emmel
2B Jordan Baker
3B Jerry Meals (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets