May 26, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
If you were worried when Bryce Harper slammed pretty hard into the ivy (and the brick wall behind it) making a catch yesterday at Wrigley Field, it appears you can stand down. Harper, who appeared to jam his right hand against the wall while bracing himself, stayed in the game (and doubled in his next at-bat) and is back in the Nationals’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Harper will be joined in the outfield by Denard Span and Tyler Moore, today’s left fielder. Matt Williams has been using a revolving door out there with Jayson Werth out. Michael Taylor has started four of the nine games since Werth landed on the DL, with Moore now making his third start and Clint Robinson getting two to date.
Jordan Zimmermann is on the mound, looking more and more like himself each time he pitches. He has tossed seven consecutive quality starts, and over his last four he owns a 2.08 ERA.
As you know, I’m not in Chicago this week, but please maintain the conversation here and check back in the morning for remote analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CHICAGO CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, ESPN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186/869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 19 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
LF Tyler Moore
2B Danny Espinosa
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
CF Dexter Fowler
3B Kris Bryant
1B Anthony Rizzo
SS Starlin Castro
C Miguel Montero
RF Jorge Soler
LF Chris Coghlan
RHP Kyle Hendricks
2B Addison Russell
HP Mike DiMuro
1B Hunter Wendelstedt
2B Bob Davidson (cc)
3B Ryan Blakney
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Murphy's big hit helps Nats beat Mets 6-1
- MLB All-Star FanFest: Searching for a jersey from every team
- Nats fall below .500 again with Saturday's loss to Mets
- Davey Martinez meets with Bryce Harper after he jogs to first
- Nationals get first look at starting pitcher Austin Voth
- 2018 Celebrity Softball Game: Full list of participants and details on how to watch
- Tanner Roark becomes first 12-game loser in majors as Nats fall to Mets
- This year's National League All-Star team is serving seriously good dog content. But who are the best boys?
- Nationals to play Mets in Syndergaard's return from DL
- Bryce Harper unveils his custom cleats for Monday's home run derby