May 24, 2015, 11:56 AM EDT
The Nationals have called up right hander Taylor Jordan and optioned A.J. Cole to Triple-A Syracuse, the team announced before Sunday’s game vs. the Phillies.
The move comes one day after Cole pitched four-plus innings in relief. With Tanner Roark slated to start his first game of the season in Chicago Monday, the Nationals were in need of a fresh reliever who could provide innings should Roark have a short outing.
This is the second time that Cole has been sent down to Syracuse since April 29. In three appearances for the Nats (one start, two relief outings), he has a 5.79 ERA with nine strikeouts and one walk. He earned his first career save in San Diego on May 15.
Jordan, who was 1-2 with a 2.14 ERA at Syracuse, will join the Nats for the second time in 2015. He has yet to make an appearance in a game this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine
- 2018 Spring Training report dates