May 20, 2015, 12:22 PM EST
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two excellent guests on to the show: Mike Ferrin of Sirius/XM radio and Nationals reliever Sammy Solis.
Ferrin was great in sharing a national perspective on the Nats. He put Bryce Harper’s recent run in context and gave his opinion on how good Max Scherzer has been so far. Solis gave an update on his season and how things are going for him in the big leagues.
Before welcoming in our guests, Tim and I talked about the Nats’ thrilling win on Tuesday night, whether this is the best lineup they’ve ever had in team history and, of course, we gave our thoughts on Harper.
You can listen to the show right here or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?