May 17, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
The Nationals close their series with the Padres on Sunday afternoon in San Diego with a chance to take three of four and earn their sixth consecutive series win. Stephen Strasburg (2-4, 6.06) will try to bounce back from one of the worst starts of his career in his hometown in front of friends and family.
Strasburg got shelled his last time out in Arizona when he allowed eight runs (7 ER) in just 3 1/3 innings of work. It was his first start since having an adjustment in his back by a chiropractor. Strasburg will certainly look to put his recent struggles behind him today.
Strasburg has started at Petco Park just once in his career, back in 2013. He tossed eight innings with just three hits and one earned run allowed.
Pitching for the Padres today will be right-hander Ian Kennedy. Kennedy has been about as effective as Strasburg so far this year with a 5.92 ERA through five starts.
We are not in San Diego for this one, but please check back in the morning for analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park, San Diego
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 65 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from LF
CF Michael Taylor
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Tyler Moore
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Stephen Strasburg
3B Cory Spangenberg
CF Abraham Almonte
RF Matt Kemp
LF Justin Upton
1B Yangervis Solarte
C Derek Norris
2B Jedd Gyorko
SS Alexi Amarista
RHP Ian Kennedy
HP Phil Cuzzi
1B Tony Randazzo
2B Pat Hoberg
3B Gerry Davis (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets