May 17, 2015, 2:19 PM EST
The Nationals close their series with the Padres on Sunday afternoon in San Diego with a chance to take three of four and earn their sixth consecutive series win. Stephen Strasburg (2-4, 6.06) will try to bounce back from one of the worst starts of his career in his hometown in front of friends and family.
Strasburg got shelled his last time out in Arizona when he allowed eight runs (7 ER) in just 3 1/3 innings of work. It was his first start since having an adjustment in his back by a chiropractor. Strasburg will certainly look to put his recent struggles behind him today.
Strasburg has started at Petco Park just once in his career, back in 2013. He tossed eight innings with just three hits and one earned run allowed.
Pitching for the Padres today will be right-hander Ian Kennedy. Kennedy has been about as effective as Strasburg so far this year with a 5.92 ERA through five starts.
We are not in San Diego for this one, but please check back in the morning for analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park, San Diego
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 65 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from LF
CF Michael Taylor
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Tyler Moore
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Stephen Strasburg
3B Cory Spangenberg
CF Abraham Almonte
RF Matt Kemp
LF Justin Upton
1B Yangervis Solarte
C Derek Norris
2B Jedd Gyorko
SS Alexi Amarista
RHP Ian Kennedy
HP Phil Cuzzi
1B Tony Randazzo
2B Pat Hoberg
3B Gerry Davis (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option