May 16, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Fresh off a 10-0 blowout victory on Friday night, the Nationals continue their series against the Padres at Petco Park in San Diego on Saturday. Max Scherzer (3-3, 1.99) will try to follow up a dominant performance by his teammate, Jordan Zimmermann.
Scherzer is making his eighth start of the 2015 season after one of his best outings of the year. He allowed just one run in seven innings in a Nationals win over the Diamondbacks on May 11.
Right-hander Andrew Cashner (1-6, 3.07) will start for San Diego. The five-year pro also saw the Diamondbacks his last time out. He gave up two runs in seven innings in a 2-1 Padres loss.
Jayson Werth is not in the Nationals’ lineup after taking a pitch off his left wrist in Friday night’s game. He was scheduled for an evaluation today after X-rays on Friday showed no fractures.
We are not on the road for this one, but enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park, San Diego
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 62 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Michael Taylor
RHP Max Scherzer
2B Cory Spangenberg
CF Will Venable
RF Matt Kemp
LF Justin Upton
1B Yangervis Solarte
3B Will Middlebrooks
SS Alexi Amarista
C Austin Hedges
RHP Andrew Cashner
HP Gerry Davis (cc)
1B Phil Cuzzi
2B Tony Randazzo
3B Pat Hoberg
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Houston for the ninth straight time
- Why Nationals' Max Scherzer picked college over pros — at first
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win