May 7, 2015, 8:59 AM EST
A bunch of Nationals players took advantage of a day game with an off-day on Thursday to go to Wednesday night’s Capitals-Rangers Game 4 playoff matchup. Bryce Harper, Aaron Barrett, Stephen Strasburg, Danny Espinosa, Gio Gonzalez, Jose Lobaton and Max Scherzer were among those in attendance.
Scherzer was nice enough to join CSN’s SportsTalk Live after the game to talk about the experience. He spoke with Jill Sorenson about the atmosphere at Verizon Center and what position he would play if he were a hockey player.
Check it out:
Here’s a group picture from the Caps’ locker room afterwards:
— Brooks Laich (@brookslaich) May 7, 2015
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery