May 4, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
This week we recorded our ‘Baseball in the District’ episode a little earlier than usual, so we decided to recap the Nats’ big series in New York over the weekend and look ahead to this week which features two division opponents coming to town.
The Nationals begin with the Miami Marlins, who have won nine of their last 11 after beginning the season at 3-11. Marlins radio voice Glenn Geffner joined the show to give us an update on the Nats’ division foes and give his thoughts on exactly what clicked for Miami around two weeks ago.
Before welcoming in Glenn, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I talked about the Mets series, the rotation’s recent improvement and the increasingly worrisome situation involving Anthony Rendon.
Check it out:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats put Scherzer-Strasburg scuffle aside to split Braves series
- Nationals trade Brian Goodwin to Kansas City Royals
- What to make of the Strasburg-Scherzer shouting match in the Nationals' dugout
- Saturday's Nationals game rained out, to be postponed
- Strasburg, Scherzer get in heated conversation after ugly inning
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.