May 4, 2015, 4:42 PM EST
This week we recorded our ‘Baseball in the District’ episode a little earlier than usual, so we decided to recap the Nats’ big series in New York over the weekend and look ahead to this week which features two division opponents coming to town.
The Nationals begin with the Miami Marlins, who have won nine of their last 11 after beginning the season at 3-11. Marlins radio voice Glenn Geffner joined the show to give us an update on the Nats’ division foes and give his thoughts on exactly what clicked for Miami around two weeks ago.
Before welcoming in Glenn, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I talked about the Mets series, the rotation’s recent improvement and the increasingly worrisome situation involving Anthony Rendon.
Check it out:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?