May 3, 2015, 11:18 AM EST
After leaving Thursday’s game and sitting out on consecutive nights, Denard Span has returned to the Nationals’ lineup as they get ready to take on the Mets in New York.
Span was removed from the game on Friday due to soreness in his abdomen. He told MLB.com afterwards the discomfort was near the area where he had core muscle surgery on March 9. Span also had sports hernia surgery back in December.
Span originally returned from the core muscle procedure on April 19 in a Nats win over the Phillies. Through 10 games this year, he is hitting .302 with two home runs, seven RBI, 10 runs, three walks and four doubles.
Span, 31, is in his third season with the Nationals. He placed 19th in NL MVP voting in 2014 with a .302 average, 94 runs and 31 steals.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine
- 2018 Spring Training report dates
- 2018 MLB Power Rankings
- Nationals release 2018 Spring Training TV schedule
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years