May 3, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
Gio Gonzalez turned in his best outing of the 2015 season on Saturday night with seven shutout innings as the Nationals held on to beat the Mets narrowly by the score of 1-0. Now they enter Sunday with a chance to take the series in New York with their third win in four games.
The Nationals will send Doug Fister (1-1, 3.28) to the mound looking for the series victory. He is hoping to bounce back from consecutive bad outings against the Cardinals and Braves.
Fister has allowed eight earned runs in 11 2/3 innings in his last two starts, but has been brilliant against the Mets at 4-0 with a 1.01 ERA through four starts in his career.
Starting for the Mets will be right-hander Dillon Gee (0-1, 4.26). He had a rough start to the year but over his last two starts has allowed just three earned runs through 14 2/3 innings.
We are not on the road for this one, so enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869
Weather: Mostly sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 3 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Yunel Escobar
LF Jayson Werth
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Doug Fister
RF Curtis Granderson
CF Juan Lagares
1B Lucas Duda
LF Michael Cuddyer
3B Daniel Murphy
C Kevin Plawecki
SS Ruben Tejada
2B Dilson Herrera
RHP Dillon Gee
HP Bruce Dreckman
1B Tom Hallion
2B Alfonso Marquez
3B Dan Bellino
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins