May 2, 2015, 6:08 PM EST
Anthony Rendon is a late scratch from the Harrisburg Senators’ lineup once again, as the 2014 Silver Slugger continues to find trouble in his rehab from a sprained left MCL.
Rendon was slated to hit second and play second base for the Nats’ Double-A affiliate against the Bowie Baysox before the decision. Tim Murray of ESPN 980 first reported the move.
Exactly why Rendon is out of the lineup is unclear at this point, though he has already been scratched on separate occasions for knee stiffness and tightness in his side.
Rendon returned to the Senators lineup on Friday night and played five innings. It was his first game action after five days off.
Rendon has been recovering from the knee injury since hurting it during a spring training game on March 9 against the Atlanta Braves. He began his minor league rehab assignment on April 24, but so far it has not gone as planned.
Rendon, 24, finished fifth in NL MVP voting in 2014 after hitting .287 with 21 home runs, 83 RBI and a league-best 111 runs.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists