May 2, 2015, 4:28 PM EST
After splitting the first two of a four-game series, the Nationals and Mets pick back up on Saturday night with Gio Gonzalez (1-2, 5.01) and Jon Niese (2.74) on the mound. That may not be Matt Harvey vs. Max Scherzer, but when these two teams square off just about any pitching matchup is a good one.
Gio is making his fifth start of the season looking for much better results than he has produced so far. He has allowed 13 earned runs through 23 1/3 innings with 11 walks. His last outing was an ugly one, as he gave up six runs on 10 hits against the Marlins.
Gonzalez has faced the Mets 13 times in his career and holds a 3.13 ERA in 77 2/3 total innings. He is 5-1 with a 1.88 ERA at Citi Field.
Niese is also making his fifth start of the season, though he has been much better so far. He has faced the Nats 10 times before and has a 3.41 ERA against them.
We are not on the road for this one, so enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869
Weather: Mostly sunny, 76 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Michael Taylor
3B Yunel Escobar
LF Jayson Werth
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
LHP Gio Gonzalez
RF John Mayberry, Jr.
CF Juan Lagares
1B Lucas Duda
LF Michael Cuddyer
3B Daniel Murphy
2B Dilson Herrera
SS Ruben Tejada
C Anthony Recker
RHP Jon Niese
HP Dan Bellino
1B Bruce Dreckman
2B Tom Hallion
3B Alfonso Marquez
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How to watch NBC Sports Washington's full interview with Nationals owner Mark Lerner
- Radio silence from Bryce Harper hasn't quieted Mark Lerner's confidence in Nationals
- Exclusive: Nats owner Mark Lerner says they haven't heard from Bryce Harper and Scott Boras in months
- What’s next for Trea Turner? Running (a lot) more
- Nationals reportedly have no plans to give Bryce Harper a mega-deal comparable to Manny Machado’s
- Anthony Rendon is ‘all ears’ if the Nationals want to continue talking extension
- NHL Hall of Famer Bobby Orr visits Nationals Spring Training
- The latest reports and rumors about Bryce Harper, one day after Manny Machado picked Padres
- A quick inside look at the Nationals Circle of Trust, which jumpstarts each day
- How does Manny Machado's deal affect Bryce Harper? Racing Presidents crew reacts