May 2, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
After splitting the first two of a four-game series, the Nationals and Mets pick back up on Saturday night with Gio Gonzalez (1-2, 5.01) and Jon Niese (2.74) on the mound. That may not be Matt Harvey vs. Max Scherzer, but when these two teams square off just about any pitching matchup is a good one.
Gio is making his fifth start of the season looking for much better results than he has produced so far. He has allowed 13 earned runs through 23 1/3 innings with 11 walks. His last outing was an ugly one, as he gave up six runs on 10 hits against the Marlins.
Gonzalez has faced the Mets 13 times in his career and holds a 3.13 ERA in 77 2/3 total innings. He is 5-1 with a 1.88 ERA at Citi Field.
Niese is also making his fifth start of the season, though he has been much better so far. He has faced the Nats 10 times before and has a 3.41 ERA against them.
We are not on the road for this one, so enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869
Weather: Mostly sunny, 76 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Michael Taylor
3B Yunel Escobar
LF Jayson Werth
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
LHP Gio Gonzalez
RF John Mayberry, Jr.
CF Juan Lagares
1B Lucas Duda
LF Michael Cuddyer
3B Daniel Murphy
2B Dilson Herrera
SS Ruben Tejada
C Anthony Recker
RHP Jon Niese
HP Dan Bellino
1B Bruce Dreckman
2B Tom Hallion
3B Alfonso Marquez
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Houston for the ninth straight time
- Why Nationals' Max Scherzer picked college over pros — at first
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win