Apr 28, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of The Baseball Show, there was lots of talk about the Nationals and their recent losing streak, and what exactly is needed for them to get back on track. The good news is that they have star third baseman Anthony Rendon on his way back from a sprained MCL sprain.
I say ‘third baseman’ ,but will he actually play third base? And when he does come back, how much will he help their lineup? Mark tackled those questions with host Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak in this clip:
In this second segment, I look at how the Nats have already used lots of rookies this year:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Houston for the ninth straight time
- Why Nationals' Max Scherzer picked college over pros — at first
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win