Apr 28, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of The Baseball Show, there was lots of talk about the Nationals and their recent losing streak, and what exactly is needed for them to get back on track. The good news is that they have star third baseman Anthony Rendon on his way back from a sprained MCL sprain.
I say ‘third baseman’ ,but will he actually play third base? And when he does come back, how much will he help their lineup? Mark tackled those questions with host Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak in this clip:
In this second segment, I look at how the Nats have already used lots of rookies this year:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Catching up on the Orioles before they come to D.C.
- Soto's 2-run HR lifts Nats past Yanks 5-3 in resumed Game 1
- Nats rookie Juan Soto makes second MLB debut, retroactively hits HR on first-ever MLB at-bat
- Bryce Harper, Trea Turner and Matt Adams drop slightly but still near top in MLB All-Star Game votes
- Nationals bats get hot, but not enough vs. Blue Jays
- Nationals picking up where they left off in May vs. Yankees with 6th-inning start, makeup game
- Around the NL East: Braves get a chance to pull ahead
- Fantasy Baseball Outlook: Week 12
- Nationals' offense remains quiet in 2-0 loss to Toronto
- What to watch for in Major League Baseball this weekend