Aug 15, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
With the Nationals in the middle of a winning streak, there were plenty of positives to discuss on this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’
The Nationals are six games up in first place in the NL East, and there have been several standout performers who deserve credit. This first segment looks at how good Denard Span has been over the last six weeks, basically since Bryce Harper implied he shouldn’t be in the Nats’ lineup.
Check it out here:
This second clip is about Ian Desmond and how he is playing like the game’s best shortstop:
This third video is about prospect Michael Taylor and how he looks like real deal:
This fourth and final clip is my segment from this week. I talk about injuries sustained by World Series contenders in recent days:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper thanks Nationals fans for support during 2017 season
- 20 things D.C. sports fans should be really happy about, playoff success or not
- Nationals Game 5 meltdown yet another reminder why D.C. can't have nice things
- With contractual decisions looming, Nats missed chance at stress-free World Series run
- Nationals suffer postseason heartbreak yet again in lengthy, controversial Game 5 loss
- NLDS 2017: Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5 Live Blog
- Nationals place faith in Gio Gonzalez, name him Game 5 starter vs. Cubs
- D.C. Metro extends hours for Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5
- Nationals 2017 Postseason Game 5 NLDS vs. Cubs: Date, Time, TV Channel and How to Watch
- Strasburg spins gem, Taylor hits grand slam to force Game 5 vs. Cubs