Aug 15, 2014, 1:14 PM EST
With the Nationals in the middle of a winning streak, there were plenty of positives to discuss on this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’
The Nationals are six games up in first place in the NL East, and there have been several standout performers who deserve credit. This first segment looks at how good Denard Span has been over the last six weeks, basically since Bryce Harper implied he shouldn’t be in the Nats’ lineup.
Check it out here:
This second clip is about Ian Desmond and how he is playing like the game’s best shortstop:
This third video is about prospect Michael Taylor and how he looks like real deal:
This fourth and final clip is my segment from this week. I talk about injuries sustained by World Series contenders in recent days:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper knows why he didn't play well, but he won't specify why
- Nationals' Max Scherzer says he may not be ready for season opener
- Sorry, DC sports fans, Bryce Harper likes the Dallas Cowboys
- 2017 World Series: Who's favored to win it all?
- Braves acquire Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips in exchange for two minor leaguers
- Bryce Harper reveals what hockey team he cheers for...and it's not the Caps
- Ranking MLB rotations: Nationals near the top of the list
- Everyone still thinks the Nats are going to be good
- Man shot in the face near Nationals Park job fair
- Ivan Rodriguez becomes first former Nationals player to be voted into Hall of Fame