Aug 15, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
With the Nationals in the middle of a winning streak, there were plenty of positives to discuss on this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’
The Nationals are six games up in first place in the NL East, and there have been several standout performers who deserve credit. This first segment looks at how good Denard Span has been over the last six weeks, basically since Bryce Harper implied he shouldn’t be in the Nats’ lineup.
Check it out here:
This second clip is about Ian Desmond and how he is playing like the game’s best shortstop:
This third video is about prospect Michael Taylor and how he looks like real deal:
This fourth and final clip is my segment from this week. I talk about injuries sustained by World Series contenders in recent days:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Joe Ross to start against team that drafted him
- Stephen Strasburg has career-high 15 strikeouts in Nationals win over Padres
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals