Aug 15, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
With the Nationals in the middle of a winning streak, there were plenty of positives to discuss on this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’
The Nationals are six games up in first place in the NL East, and there have been several standout performers who deserve credit. This first segment looks at how good Denard Span has been over the last six weeks, basically since Bryce Harper implied he shouldn’t be in the Nats’ lineup.
Check it out here:
This second clip is about Ian Desmond and how he is playing like the game’s best shortstop:
This third video is about prospect Michael Taylor and how he looks like real deal:
This fourth and final clip is my segment from this week. I talk about injuries sustained by World Series contenders in recent days:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Under Armour taking over MLB jerseys in 2020
- Early look at the Nationals' biggest questions this offseason
- Clayton Kershaw's performance was simply great theatre
- Stunned Nationals can't appreciate craziness of Game 5
- Nats third base coach on sixth-inning send of Werth: 'You feel like it might have cost us'
- Nats' Shawn Kelley hopes his arm injury is not serious
- Bullpen, baserunning cost Nats in season-ending loss to Dodgers
- Kelley leaves in 7th inning with apparent injury
- Nats' Game 5 loss keep Washington, D.C. in sports success cellar
- Nationals fans upset about costly send of Jayson Werth in NLDS Game 5