Aug 15, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
With the Nationals in the middle of a winning streak, there were plenty of positives to discuss on this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’
The Nationals are six games up in first place in the NL East, and there have been several standout performers who deserve credit. This first segment looks at how good Denard Span has been over the last six weeks, basically since Bryce Harper implied he shouldn’t be in the Nats’ lineup.
Check it out here:
This second clip is about Ian Desmond and how he is playing like the game’s best shortstop:
This third video is about prospect Michael Taylor and how he looks like real deal:
This fourth and final clip is my segment from this week. I talk about injuries sustained by World Series contenders in recent days:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper explains 10th inning ejection vs. Rockies: 'It's not a strike'
- Nationals tap Lucas Giolito to start Sunday against Colorado Rockies
- Yusmeiro Petit allows 5 runs in 11th, as Nats fall to Rockies
- Bryce Harper ejected after arguing balls and strikes vs. Rockies
- Nats' Joe Ross to begin minor league rehab assignment on Sunday
- A.J. Cole faces Rockies as Nats look for third straight win
- Gonzalez on earning career win No. 100 : 'I’m just happy it came'
- Nats ride Gonzalez, bats to 8-5 victory over the Rockies
- Frank Howard on Ring of Honor, Bryce Harper and a potential Nats World Series
- Gonzalez takes the mound as the Nats kick off weekend set vs. Rockies