Aug 15, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
With the Nationals in the middle of a winning streak, there were plenty of positives to discuss on this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’
The Nationals are six games up in first place in the NL East, and there have been several standout performers who deserve credit. This first segment looks at how good Denard Span has been over the last six weeks, basically since Bryce Harper implied he shouldn’t be in the Nats’ lineup.
Check it out here:
This second clip is about Ian Desmond and how he is playing like the game’s best shortstop:
This third video is about prospect Michael Taylor and how he looks like real deal:
This fourth and final clip is my segment from this week. I talk about injuries sustained by World Series contenders in recent days:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats place C Jose Lobaton on disabled list, call up Severino
- MLB Trade Rumors: Nats reportedly willing to trade Giolito for Miller, but Yankees aren't
- Report: Nats talking to Pirates about All-Star closer Melancon
- NL East: Marlins trade for two starters, load up for pennant race
- Papelbon's job now a real question, Nats glad to have Zim & Solis back
- Nats pull Papelbon in 9th vs. Giants: 'The object is to win the game'
- Roark and Turner lead the way as Nats hold on to top Giants
- GIF: Foul ball results in weird moment between Braves player and fan
- NL East: Mets targeting All-Star catcher for deadline trade
- Turner starts in CF as Nats begin big series at Giants vs. Cueto