Jul 4, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
It’s Independence Day in Washington, which means three things: 1) Fireworks on the National Mall tonight, 2) the Nationals hosting a ballgame at 11:05 a.m. and 3) Terrible heat and humidity for both events. Er, actually, strike that last one, because it’s an unseasonably cool, dry and windy July 4 for a change. No complaints here.
No complaints from Bryce Harper today, either, I would imagine, because he’s been moved up to the No. 2 spot in the Nationals’ lineup for the first time since coming off the DL. That pushes Anthony Rendon down to the 6-hole. Everything else stays the same against Cubs right-hander Jason Hammel. Tanner Roark gets the early start for the Nats, seeking what would be his team-leading eighth win.
I’m off today and tomorrow, and Chase is on vacation all week, but never fear. The talented Ben Standig has complete coverage from Nationals Park both days for CSNwashington.com, so be sure to head over there before and after the game. Happy 4th of July, everyone!
CHICAGO CUBS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 11:05 a.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183, MLB.com
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 18 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
3B Ryan Zimmerman
2B Anthony Rendon
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
RHP Tanner Roark
LF Chris Coghlan
CF Justin Ruggiano
1B Anthony Rizzo
SS Starlin Castro
3B Luis Valbuena
RF Nate Schierholtz
C John Baker
2B Darwin Barney
RHP Jason Hammel
HP Ted Barrett (cc)
1B Will Little
2B Mike Everitt
3B Paul Schrieber
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury
- Bryce Harper mashes grand slam, continues dominance of helpless Braves pitcher
- Jayson Werth goes after home plate umpire CB Bucknor after horrendously blown call in ninth inning almost costs Nationals