May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was host of ESPN’s ‘Baseball Tonight,’ Adnan Virk. Virk gave a national perspective on the Nats and also talked about his favorite baseball movies.
The second guest was Dave Nichols of The District Sports Page. Dave had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, Anthony Rendon’s recent slump and whether the 2014 Nationals are better than they were at this point last year.
Before the guests called in, Tim and I looked at the impact Doug Fister has made over his last two starts, Ryan Zimmerman’s slowed recovery from a broken thumb and how good the Nats’ bullpen has been this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- What will Joe Ross' role be for Nationals in playoffs vs. Dodgers?
- Wilson Ramos knows his knee injury could mean the end of Nationals' tenure
- Joe Ross takes step forward in Nats' win over Diamondbacks
- Reliever Matt Belisle sounds like safe bet for Nationals playoff roster
- Wilson Ramos to have surgery soon, hopes to be back with Nationals
- Gio Gonzalez has plenty to work on before Nats playoffs begin
- Gio Gonzalez bounced early as Nats fall to Diamondbacks
- Ledecky explains how Bryce Harper ended up wearing her swim cap
- Nats not ready to reveal playoff rotation, how Gio Gonzalez may fit in
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Can Nats win without Ramos?