May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was host of ESPN’s ‘Baseball Tonight,’ Adnan Virk. Virk gave a national perspective on the Nats and also talked about his favorite baseball movies.
The second guest was Dave Nichols of The District Sports Page. Dave had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, Anthony Rendon’s recent slump and whether the 2014 Nationals are better than they were at this point last year.
Before the guests called in, Tim and I looked at the impact Doug Fister has made over his last two starts, Ryan Zimmerman’s slowed recovery from a broken thumb and how good the Nats’ bullpen has been this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ivan Rodriguez becomes first former Nationals player to be voted into Hall of Fame
- Bryce Harper wants Nationals to invest in Matt Wieters, Greg Holland more than facilities
- Nationals avoid arbitration, reach deal with Bryce Harper and three others
- LOOK: Bryce Harper got married in suit jacket lined with pictures of wife
- Nats' Tanner Roark to pitch for Team USA in 2017 World Baseball Classic
- 2017 Nationals Spring Training Dates: Schedule, Opponents, location
- 2017 Spring Training Dates: When do pitchers and catchers report?
- Max Scherzer to miss World Baseball Classic
- Nationals star Bryce Harper dead lifts 505 pounds, fans immediately freak out
- Nationals to share new spring training facility with Astros and lots of birds