May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was host of ESPN’s ‘Baseball Tonight,’ Adnan Virk. Virk gave a national perspective on the Nats and also talked about his favorite baseball movies.
The second guest was Dave Nichols of The District Sports Page. Dave had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, Anthony Rendon’s recent slump and whether the 2014 Nationals are better than they were at this point last year.
Before the guests called in, Tim and I looked at the impact Doug Fister has made over his last two starts, Ryan Zimmerman’s slowed recovery from a broken thumb and how good the Nats’ bullpen has been this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Juan Soto crushes a homer in the first at-bat of his first-ever start
- Can slumping Nationals, Gio Gonzalez end losing streak Monday vs. Padres?
- Soto makes debut in Nationals loss to Dodgers
- Fantasy Baseball Outlook: Week 8
- Mike Rizzo makes bold move to call up Juan Soto
- Kendrick carted off with injury in Nats 4-1 loss to Dodgers
- Well-rested Nationals welcome the slumping Dodgers for a weekend series
- 2018 MLB Power Rankings: May update
- A "little conversation" with Mike Rizzo convinced Mark Reynolds to sign with the Nationals
- Nationals vs. Yankees: Everything you need to know about the biggest series of the year so far