May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was host of ESPN’s ‘Baseball Tonight,’ Adnan Virk. Virk gave a national perspective on the Nats and also talked about his favorite baseball movies.
The second guest was Dave Nichols of The District Sports Page. Dave had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, Anthony Rendon’s recent slump and whether the 2014 Nationals are better than they were at this point last year.
Before the guests called in, Tim and I looked at the impact Doug Fister has made over his last two starts, Ryan Zimmerman’s slowed recovery from a broken thumb and how good the Nats’ bullpen has been this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Under Armour taking over MLB jerseys in 2020
- Early look at the Nationals' biggest questions this offseason
- Clayton Kershaw's performance was simply great theatre
- Stunned Nationals can't appreciate craziness of Game 5
- Nats third base coach on sixth-inning send of Werth: 'You feel like it might have cost us'
- Nats' Shawn Kelley hopes his arm injury is not serious
- Bullpen, baserunning cost Nats in season-ending loss to Dodgers
- Kelley leaves in 7th inning with apparent injury
- Nats' Game 5 loss keep Washington, D.C. in sports success cellar
- Nationals fans upset about costly send of Jayson Werth in NLDS Game 5