May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was host of ESPN’s ‘Baseball Tonight,’ Adnan Virk. Virk gave a national perspective on the Nats and also talked about his favorite baseball movies.
The second guest was Dave Nichols of The District Sports Page. Dave had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, Anthony Rendon’s recent slump and whether the 2014 Nationals are better than they were at this point last year.
Before the guests called in, Tim and I looked at the impact Doug Fister has made over his last two starts, Ryan Zimmerman’s slowed recovery from a broken thumb and how good the Nats’ bullpen has been this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner is ready to step in and play center field for Nats if needed
- What Aroldis Chapman to the Cubs means for the Nationals
- MLB Trade Rumors: Who should the Nationals target before the deadline?
- MLB Trade Rumors: Who are the Nationals targeting before the deadline?
- Nats' Giolito returns to minors: 'It’s back to the drawing board'
- Nats option Giolito, Taylor to make room for Zimmerman and Solis
- Baker wonders if fatigue played role in Papelbon's collapse vs. Padres
- Papelbon blows it in 9th as Nats fall to Padres, lose series
- DeSean Jackson throws out first pitch at Sunday's Nationals game
- Nats RHP Barrett suffers major setback in recovery from Tommy John