May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was host of ESPN’s ‘Baseball Tonight,’ Adnan Virk. Virk gave a national perspective on the Nats and also talked about his favorite baseball movies.
The second guest was Dave Nichols of The District Sports Page. Dave had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, Anthony Rendon’s recent slump and whether the 2014 Nationals are better than they were at this point last year.
Before the guests called in, Tim and I looked at the impact Doug Fister has made over his last two starts, Ryan Zimmerman’s slowed recovery from a broken thumb and how good the Nats’ bullpen has been this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New York Daily News puts Bryce Harper and Manny Machado in Yankees uniforms
- Nationals decline to tender the contract of Ben Revere
- Nationals trade to re-acquire former catcher prospect Derek Norris
- Andrew McCutchen trade talks reportedly intensify Between Pirates and Nationals
- Nationals third baseman Anthony Rendon named NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Poll: How confident are you that the Redskins will make the playoffs?
- Nationals' Murphy finishes second in MVP voting
- Nationals ace Max Scherzer wins 2016 NL Cy Young Award
- Nationals' Baker finishes third in NL Manager of the Year Award
- Nationals' Trea Turner finishes second in NL Rookie of the Year voting