May 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EDT
Having already dealt with an unusual amount of injuries this season, the Nats lost another regular to the disabled list in Adam LaRoche this week. On Sunday LaRoche was placed on the 15-day DL with a right quad strain, becoming the fifth member of the Nats’ Opening Day lineup to reach the disabled list already this season.
LaRoche was playing well, too. He hit the DL with a .319 average, five home runs and 21 RBI. In this clip from ‘The Baseball Show,’ Mark, Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak look at the impact of LaRoche’s absence.
Check it out right here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gio Gonzalez has plenty to work on before Nats playoffs begin
- Gio Gonzalez bounced early as Nats fall to Diamondbacks
- Ledecky explains how Bryce Harper ended up wearing her swim cap
- Nats not ready to reveal playoff rotation, how Gio Gonzalez may fit in
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Can Nats win without Ramos?
- Stock Watch: Scherzer nearing the 20 win mark
- Mets' prospect Tim Tebow hits home run on his first professional pitch
- Sammy Solis makes return for Nats, could be big for playoffs
- Lobaton, others step up in Nats' 1st game without Wilson Ramos
- Anthony Rendon's homer lifts Nationals over Diamondbacks