May 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EST
Having already dealt with an unusual amount of injuries this season, the Nats lost another regular to the disabled list in Adam LaRoche this week. On Sunday LaRoche was placed on the 15-day DL with a right quad strain, becoming the fifth member of the Nats’ Opening Day lineup to reach the disabled list already this season.
LaRoche was playing well, too. He hit the DL with a .319 average, five home runs and 21 RBI. In this clip from ‘The Baseball Show,’ Mark, Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak look at the impact of LaRoche’s absence.
Check it out right here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper knows why he didn't play well, but he won't specify why
- Nationals' Max Scherzer says he may not be ready for season opener
- Sorry, DC sports fans, Bryce Harper likes the Dallas Cowboys
- 2017 World Series: Who's favored to win it all?
- Braves acquire Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips in exchange for two minor leaguers
- Bryce Harper reveals what hockey team he cheers for...and it's not the Caps
- Ranking MLB rotations: Nationals near the top of the list
- Everyone still thinks the Nats are going to be good
- Man shot in the face near Nationals Park job fair
- Ivan Rodriguez becomes first former Nationals player to be voted into Hall of Fame