May 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EDT
Having already dealt with an unusual amount of injuries this season, the Nats lost another regular to the disabled list in Adam LaRoche this week. On Sunday LaRoche was placed on the 15-day DL with a right quad strain, becoming the fifth member of the Nats’ Opening Day lineup to reach the disabled list already this season.
LaRoche was playing well, too. He hit the DL with a .319 average, five home runs and 21 RBI. In this clip from ‘The Baseball Show,’ Mark, Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak look at the impact of LaRoche’s absence.
Check it out right here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: The Royals arrived, just in time
- Podcast - 'Baseball in the District' - Nats make the traded they needed
- Marc Rzepczynski excited to join Nationals in middle of pennant race
- Nats' Dusty Baker talks about slapping Trea Turner's butt, things get weird
- Max Scherzer digs down deep to help Nats, shut up Orioles fans
- Scherzer returns to dominant form to end Nats' losing streak vs. Orioles
- VIDEO: Max Scherzer makes ridiculous between-the-legs snag vs. Orioles
- Strasburg plays catch, Nats say injury not in area of Tommy John surgery
- Nats' Joe Ross making quick progress, may start rehab assignment soon
- Baker thrilled to have Rzepczynksi, who takes Lopez' spot on Nats' roster