May 10, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ much of the talk was about the Nationals’ staying afloat despite injuries. Even with several regulars landing on the disabled list early in the year, the Nats sit at 19-16 on May 10, just a half-game out of first in the division.
One player they had been missing for quite some time was Wilson Ramos, before the catcher returned this week. Mark discussed his return with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak, looking at how much his presence helps the Nationals’ lineup.
Check that clip out right here:
The panel also looked at this year’s National League East division and how much more competitive it could be over the next few years:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Under Armour taking over MLB jerseys in 2020
- Early look at the Nationals' biggest questions this offseason
- Clayton Kershaw's performance was simply great theatre
- Stunned Nationals can't appreciate craziness of Game 5
- Nats third base coach on sixth-inning send of Werth: 'You feel like it might have cost us'
- Nats' Shawn Kelley hopes his arm injury is not serious
- Bullpen, baserunning cost Nats in season-ending loss to Dodgers
- Kelley leaves in 7th inning with apparent injury
- Nats' Game 5 loss keep Washington, D.C. in sports success cellar
- Nationals fans upset about costly send of Jayson Werth in NLDS Game 5