May 10, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ much of the talk was about the Nationals’ staying afloat despite injuries. Even with several regulars landing on the disabled list early in the year, the Nats sit at 19-16 on May 10, just a half-game out of first in the division.
One player they had been missing for quite some time was Wilson Ramos, before the catcher returned this week. Mark discussed his return with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak, looking at how much his presence helps the Nationals’ lineup.
Check that clip out right here:
The panel also looked at this year’s National League East division and how much more competitive it could be over the next few years:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Turner and Zimmerman sit as Scherzer, Nats play at Giants
- Nats place C Jose Lobaton on disabled list, call up Severino
- MLB Trade Rumors: Nats reportedly willing to trade Giolito for Miller, but Yankees aren't
- Report: Nats talking to Pirates about All-Star closer Melancon
- NL East: Marlins trade for two starters, load up for pennant race
- Papelbon's job now a real question, Nats glad to have Zim & Solis back
- Nats pull Papelbon in 9th vs. Giants: 'The object is to win the game'
- Roark and Turner lead the way as Nats hold on to top Giants
- GIF: Foul ball results in weird moment between Braves player and fan
- NL East: Mets targeting All-Star catcher for deadline trade