May 10, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show,’ much of the talk was about the Nationals’ staying afloat despite injuries. Even with several regulars landing on the disabled list early in the year, the Nats sit at 19-16 on May 10, just a half-game out of first in the division.
One player they had been missing for quite some time was Wilson Ramos, before the catcher returned this week. Mark discussed his return with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak, looking at how much his presence helps the Nationals’ lineup.
Check that clip out right here:
The panel also looked at this year’s National League East division and how much more competitive it could be over the next few years:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect report: Minor league season wrapping up
- Nationals acquire LHP from Oakland
- Turner's eight consecutive hits adds another feat to impressive rookie season
- Even Tanner Roark can't stop Nats' struggles against Orioles
- Nats can't complete rally as they drop third straight to Orioles
- Trea Turner ties franchise mark with hits in consecutive plate appearances
- GIF: Nats CF Trea Turner makes amazing diving grab vs. Orioles
- Olympian Katie Ledecky visits Nats Park, players enthralled with medals
- Nats rotation remains in flux: how Lopez' workload and Giolito fit in
- Tanner Roark starts as Nats look for better luck against Orioles