Oct 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo has stated the Nationals’ number one priority this offseason is hiring a new manager for 2014. There are internal candidates, external candidates, some with decades of experience, and some with none at all. Which direction will Rizzo choose?
In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discussed the Nats’ managerial race , a decision Mark says could be the biggest Mike Rizzo has made since becoming the general manager in Washington. We also talk about whether Cal Ripken, Jr. actually has a realistic shot at the job.
Check it out right here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Brewers top Nationals, extending Washington's losing streak to 6
- Preview: Nats head to Milwaukee hoping to snap 5-game losing streak
- Strasburg's injury revealed: Dislocated ribs from weight room incident
- Nats' Revere on finding his swing after a tough injury rehab
- Nationals prospect roundup: Bullpen help
- Nats' Ross among best hitting pitchers, Espinosa & Ramos keep raking
- Taylor's tough night stands out after Nats' loss to Dodgers
- Nats lose 5th straight after error causes walk-off, inside-the-park HR
- Joe Ross takes the mound as Nationals look for win vs. Dodgers
- Dusty Baker shares emotional moment with broadcasting legend Vin Scully