Oct 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo has stated the Nationals’ number one priority this offseason is hiring a new manager for 2014. There are internal candidates, external candidates, some with decades of experience, and some with none at all. Which direction will Rizzo choose?
In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discussed the Nats’ managerial race , a decision Mark says could be the biggest Mike Rizzo has made since becoming the general manager in Washington. We also talk about whether Cal Ripken, Jr. actually has a realistic shot at the job.
Check it out right here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lobaton, others step up in Nats' 1st game without Wilson Ramos
- Anthony Rendon's homer lifts Nationals over Diamondbacks
- Dodgers set rotation for playoff series against Nationals
- Nats pitcher A.J. Cole suspended by MLB, is appealing
- Wilson Ramos' ACL tear devastating news for Nationals, his future
- Nats' Stephen Strasburg unlikely to be ready for first round of playoffs
- Wilson Ramos has a torn ACL, will miss Nationals' postseason
- Nats call up catcher Spencer Kieboom after Wilson Ramos' injury
- State of the Nats: Delicate balance to stay healthy in final week
- Dee Gordon on his emotional home run: 'That's the best moment of my life'